The first step to enrolling your student is to complete the online enrollment. You will be contacted by your area attendance high school. If your student wants to attend a different high school, you will need to fill out a Choice Form and return it to LSE or the LPS District Office. If you have any questions, call the Southeast Registrar, Dawn Worrall, at 402-436-1304, option # 3.
If your student is NOT coming from a Lincoln Public School, or has not attended one in the last three years, you need to provide the following items.
1. Official Birth Certificate.
2. Immunization Record (This is State Law and we MUST have at the time of registration). All immunization dosages must meet minimum interval CDC guidelines to be considered valid. Please review the Immunization and Physical Examination Requirements page or a summary of required school immunizations by clicking here. Also all LPS students K-12 will be required to be immunized against varicella (chicken pox) starting in the 2010-2011 school year. Your student must be immunized against varicella (given no earlier than 4 days before first birthday) or parent/guardian must provide a signed statement of past history of chicken pox disease, including the year of illness. For more information on the Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department vaccination clinics, click here.
3. Physical Exam Form is required in high school for any out-of-state student transfers. (Must be done within 30 days of enrollment.)
4. Any record of grades received (unofficial transcript, last report card, etc.).
Please note: A parent or legal guardian must be with student.
High School Choice Forms
As of the 2005-2006 school year, all high school students are allowed to choose their school of attendance a maximum of three times throughout their high school career. Although transferring is not recommended, the opportunity exists if the student and family believe it is appropriate. Transfers will only be granted for the beginning of each school year and would only be considered otherwise under extreme circumstances.
Requests to transfer must be filed by January 31st for automatic approval. The only restriction may be if the building’s capacity requires closing it to transfer. Any requests to transfer coming after the January 31st deadline (unless the student is new to Lincoln) will be placed on a waiting list in the order of arrival date at the Department of Student Services, 5905 O Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, 68510 and considered for approval the second week of June. Any student NEW to the district will have this same opportunity when they enter LPS.
Remember: Transfer requests must be submitted by January 31st each year and are expected to remain in effect for an entire school year. If there is strong reason to transfer at quarter or semester of a school year the student and family should work with the school administrator of the school they are attending. If the transfer cannot be worked out to everyone’s agreement the family may appeal in writing to the Department of Student Services.
Conferences are held from 4:00—7:00 p.m. in the Prasch Gym on the following dates:
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022