Yearbook Photo Information
Yearbook Photo Information
To: Seniors and their parents (Class of 2020)
Re: Information regarding photos for use in the yearbook
Senior picture deadline date
Thursday, October 31, 2019 (photo placement in the yearbook cannot be guaranteed if photo is received after this date. Seniors’ school-identification photos will be used as available if another photo is not submitted.)
You may go to any photographer you choose...
However, the photograph submitted for use in the yearbook must meet the following specifications to the satisfaction of each school’s yearbook adviser. Take the specifications with you to your photo shoot to make sure your photographer is aware of the requirements. Make certain your photographer agrees to follow these specifications BEFORE you have your picture taken. It is recommended to obtain estimates of costs from several photographers before making an appointment.
- Photos should be four-color digital images, submitted electronically.
- Photos should be high resolution (225 dpi), saved in JPEG format.
- Photos should be cropped and resized to vertical, wallet-size photo (approximately 2” X 3” tall). Please leave 1/8 of an inch between the top of the head and the top of the picture
- The background should not be distracting, and should contrast with student’s clothing color (medium–toned, neutral-color backgrounds preferred).
- The student’s head and face should stand out from background, and have sufficient contrast.
- The student’s pose should be a basic head-and-shoulder shot, preferably full front or slightly to the side. Avoid extreme angles and hands in photo.
- Clothing should be school appropriate (avoid wording on clothing).
- No props or hats are allowed and no items (i.e. tree trunk, fence, etc.) should appear in front of the student.
Note: Photos may be cropped by the school for uniformity of size. Hands and arms will be cropped as necessary since head-and-shoulder shots are requested.
Electronic Submission Instructions
- Crop and resize original to vertical wallet-sized 2” X 3” photo. Please leave 1/8 of an inch between the top of the head and the top of the picture
- Save as high resolution at 225 dpi in JPEG format
- Name file with student’s name (last_first.jpg, example: jones_john.jpg)
- Visit http://www.lps.org/apps/yearbookupload
- Enter the student's first name, last name and select their home school.
- Select the digital file on your computer and submit the form
- Repeat this process for any additional students whom you need to submit
- Please send a backup CD of photos submitted to the school (only if you have more than one senior photographed)
Questions? Contact the Southeast High School Yearbook Advisor:
Community Upload - Share your personal photos of LSE activies and athletics for possible publication in the LSE Yearbook by clicking here.
Attention parents and guardians of LSE Seniors. The Shield yearbook staff will be selling Senior Ads August 12 - December 20, 2019 to be published in the 2020 Shield yearbook. Senior Ads are available for $40-100 and can feature up to two photos of your senior along with a message of congratulations. CLICK HERE for the 2020 order form!
These tributes are available on a first come, first serve basis between Monday August 12, 2019 and Friday December 20, 2019. Electronic photo submission is preferred, but not required. If you want to view a proof of your senior ad, you must inform yearbook adviser, Kelsey Sejkora, no later than Tuesday, January 7, 2020. Proofs will be sent out via email, by February 1st, 2020 and must be approved no later than Friday, February 7, 2020. Contact Kelsey Sejkora at email@example.com for more information.
Purchasing a Yearbook
The 2020 Shield yearbook will go on sale online July 15, 2019 and sales will end Friday, May 1, 2020. The price is $65.00 if pre-ordered. Payment options are listed below.
Option 1: Online via Credit Card
Make the payment via SchoolPay (directions can be found here: lps.org/go/OWO1). SchoolPay allows you to make payments online through a secure payment system. You add the fee to your cart, and proceed to checkout. The first time you access SchoolPay, you must create a unique SchoolPay account but everytime after, you will use that account when paying electronically.
Option 2: Cash/check sales will begin on the first day of school and can be dropped off in the main office with your order form. Make checks out to Lincoln Southeast Yearbook.
In order to ensure your student receives a yearbook, please purchase at your earliest convenience. The yearbook staff cannot guarantee extra yearbooks, that have not been pre-ordered, will be available for purchase during distribution the week before finals. Please order online or with cash/check anytime inside the specified dates to be guaranteed a 2020 yearbook. After the May 1 pre-order deadline, sales will reopen during yearbook distribution which will occur at the Prasch Concessions Stand during the last week of school. The price will increase to $70.00 and only cash or checks will be accepted, if there are yearbooks still available at that time.