Show Dates - Thursday, February 14, 2019 @ 7:00 p.m., Friday, February 15, 2019 @ 7:00 p.m., & Saturday, February 16, 2019 @ 7:00 p.m.
Acts accepted for the show are expected to perform at all three events.
Audition Guidelines & Expectations
Nite of Knights is the Southeast High School Variety Show sponsored each year by the Performing Arts Department. Students audition for a panel of judges consisting of faculty from throughout the school and their peers from organizations representing nearly every facet of the student population. Typically 14 – 16 acts are selected for the show. A wide variety of acts have been selected for shows in the past such as vocal solos and groups, instrumental ensembles, dances, and comedy skits. Students may audition with as many different acts as they would like, but are encouraged to focus their efforts towards one or two acts. No student will be allowed to participate in more than three acts in the show. Acts must be suitable for a family audience. Profanity, sexually explicit scenarios, or other inappropriate material will result in the forfeiture of the act. Final decisions regarding any the appropriateness of any act lie with the school's department and administration.
* All acts MUST have a faculty sponsor who will vouch for the participants in the act
* All auditioning acts MUST audition LIVE-no recorded auditions will be accepted.
* All acts MUST contain LSE students only
* If selected for the show, Acts must perform the exact same act all 3 nights of the
show with the same students who performed at auditions
* Length of any Act should be no more than 5 minutes
* MC groups may not exceed 5 members
* Students may perform in only 3 acts on the show. MC’s = 1 act
* All acts & MC skits must be in good taste and suitable for a family audience
Acts chosen for the show MUST attend meeting at 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, January 24, 2019 in Performing Arts Center.
Acts accepted for the show are expected to perform at all three shows.
A Piano, Trap Set, Guitar and Bass Amp are provided as well as the sound system to play recordings. Patch cords are NOT provided.
Sign up Ends Thursday, December 20, 2018 by NOON.
Any questions? Email RJ Metteer at email@example.com.