Yearbook Photo Information
Yearbook Photo Information
To: Seniors and their parents (Class of 2018)
Re: Information regarding photos for use in the yearbook
Senior picture deadline date
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 (photo placement in the yearbook cannot be guaranteed if photo is received after this date. Seniors’ school-identification photos will be used as available if another photo is not submitted.)
You may go to any photographer you choose...
However, the photograph submitted for use in the yearbook must meet the following specifications to the satisfaction of each school’s yearbook adviser. Take the specifications with you to your photo shoot to make sure your photographer is aware of the requirements. Make certain your photographer agrees to follow these specifications BEFORE you have your picture taken. It is recommended to obtain estimates of costs from several photographers before making an appointment.
- Photos should be four-color digital images, submitted electronically.
- Photos should be high resolution (225 dpi), saved in JPEG format.
- Photos should be cropped and resized to vertical, wallet-size photo (approximately 2” X 3” tall). Please leave 1/8 of an inch between the top of the head and the top of the picture
- The background should not be distracting, and should contrast with student’s clothing color (medium–toned, neutral-color backgrounds preferred).
- The student’s head and face should stand out from background, and have sufficient contrast.
- The student’s pose should be a basic head-and-shoulder shot, preferably full front or slightly to the side. Avoid extreme angles and hands in photo.
- Clothing should be school appropriate (avoid wording on clothing).
- No props or hats are allowed and no items (i.e. tree trunk, fence, etc.) should appear in front of the student.
Note: Photos may be cropped by the school for uniformity of size. Hands and arms will be cropped as necessary since head-and-shoulder shots are requested.
Electronic Submission Instructions
- Crop and resize original to vertical wallet-sized 2” X 3” photo. Please leave 1/8 of an inch between the top of the head and the top of the picture
- Save as high resolution at 225 dpi in JPEG format
- Name file with student’s name (last_first.jpg, example: jones_john.jpg)
- Visit http://www.lps.org/apps/yearbookupload
- Enter the student's first name, last name and select their home school.
- Select the digital file on your computer and submit the form
- Repeat this process for any additional students whom you need to submit
- Please send a backup CD of photos submitted to the school (only if you have more than one senior photographed)
Questions? Contact the Southeast High School Yearbook Advisor:
Community Upload - Share your personal photos of LSE activies and athletics for possible publication in the LSE Yearbook by clicking here.
Attention parents and guardians of LSE Seniors. The Shield yearbook staff will be selling Senior Ads August 14 - December 22, 2017 to be published in the 2018 Shield yearbook. Senior Ads are available for $40 and can feature up to two photos of your senior along with a message of congratulations. CLICK HERE for the order form.
The deadline to order is Friday, December 22nd, 2017. Electronic photo submission is preferred, but not required. If you want to view a proof of your senior ad, you must inform yearbook adviser, Allyssa Allaire, no later than Friday, December 22nd, 2017. Proofs will be sent out via email, by Thursday, February 1st, 2018 and must be approved no later than Thursday, February 8th, 2018. Contact Allyssa Allaire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Purchasing a Yearbook
The 2018 Shield yearbook will go on sale online August 14, 2017 and sales will end May 11, 2018. Cash/check sales will begin on the first day of school and can be dropped off in the main office. Prices of the yearbook will change on the following dates:
8/14/17 - 1/7/18... $60
1/8/18 - 3/18/18... $65
3/19/18 - 5/11/18... $70
In order to ensure your student receives a yearbook, please purchase at your earliest convenience. Sales will close on May 11th. The yearbook staff cannot guarantee extra yearbooks, that have not been pre-ordered, will be available for purchase during distribution the week before finals. Please order online or with cash/check anytime inside the specified dates to be guaranteed a 2018 yearbook. Yearbooks will be sold at LSE (cash/check payments only) at Open House and Parent/Teacher Conferences. Order online by clicking below!